CAPC York Region – Georgina, ON
Position: Program Staff, CAPC York Region
(Community Action Program for Children)
Hours: Part-time approx. 15 hours/week
Location: Georgina, ON
Job Type: Part-time, Fixed term contract
Salary: From $20.60 per hour
Purpose of Position:
The CAPC Program Staff is responsible for working as part of the local Georgina CAPC team in implementing high quality, age-appropriate early years programs. Program staff assists in the planning, preparation, and delivery of the weekly program. Program staff should be prepared to lead the instruction of activities including crafts, circle time, and actively encourage participation by CAPC families in the parent/child interactive segment. They will role model positive parenting and behaviour management strategies when interacting with the families and be instrumental in the set-up and clean-up of the programming space at each location.
Ideally, candidates will have previous experience working with families and/or young children and be a RECE. These positions require access to a vehicle and the willingness to travel to multiple sites in the programming area. Applicants must be fluent in English and the ability to speak/understand any of the following would be an asset: Mandarin, Cantonese, Tamil, Farsi, Arabic, Urdu, Persian, Russian, or Spanish.
Other employment requirements are listed on our website: http://www.yorkchild.ca/about-us/job-opportunities/
Statement of Major Responsibilities:
- Keeps informed of the policies of York Child Development & Family Services Inc. (YCD) and practices the same.
- Ensures that all families are welcomed and provides an orientation into the program in a manner that is non-judgmental and accepting of their needs.
- Attends professional development sessions and agency activities as required.
- Participates in annual performance reviews.
- Participates in data collection required by the agency for purposes of reporting, monitoring and evaluation.
- Collaborate with colleagues to plan and deliver programs and services that promote healthy child development.
- Participates in all aspects of the programs including, but not limited to, setting up the environment with invitations for learning and exploration and cleaning up afterward.
- Provide a safe and healthy environment.
- Provides families with information and resources on early child development and support through providing referrals.
- Ability to guide families through the daily routines of the program.
- Collaborates with community partners in the delivery of programs as required
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to develop a trusting relationship with families, children, and colleagues.
- Ability to view children, families, and educators as competent, capable of complex thinking, curious and rich in potential.
- Ability to work independently, as part of a team and make decisions regarding difficult situations based on knowledge of the policies and procedures of YCD.
- Strong interpersonal skills, specifically verbal, to relate with families/caregivers, children, colleagues, and community partners.
- Possess an understanding and appreciation of the challenges families and children may face.
- Possess an awareness of community support services available to families in York Region.
- Possess an understanding of HDLH, loose parts and risky play.
- Ability to speak a second language is considered an asset.
Education and Experience:
- Registered Early Childhood Educator (RECE) or college diploma in a human services field.
- Demonstrated experience working with families and children.
- Holds current Standard First Aid and CPR-C Certificate.
- Completed Accessibility for Ontarians Disabilities Act (AODA) and Worker Health and Safety training.
- Immunized in accordance with the local health authority requirements.
- Vulnerable Sector Screen in place upon hire and updated based on the Policy.
- Annually signs an Offence Declaration.
- Ability to access different places of work as site locations may vary throughout the year.
- Ability to work flexible hours including morning, afternoon, and the occasional evening or weekend special event.
- We are following all health and safety protocol. PPE is provided to educators.
Please send resumes to the attention of Carolyn Percival, firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest in these positions, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.